Case study – Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
Please note: Much of my work is covered by Non Disclosure Agreements, so I can’t be too detailed on this page.
Faced with falling sales, a global brand of men’s toiletries products wanted to relaunch its digital communications.
I was called in by the brand’s agency to examine the product’s UK digital marketing, and to recommend a new direction for its digital content and social media.
What I did
- Various desk research, including incorporating focus group research.
- Audited the existing digital communications.
- Benchmarked the digital communications against key competitors.
- Audience Intent Modelling – to reveal the communication gaps separating customers from the brand – and to reveal the topics and themes that resonate.
- Persona creation.
- Insight discovery – summarised the key findings – the “truths” that can be used to amplify the impact of the digital content and social media.
- Documented recommendations, and arguments, with examples of approaches to take.
- Presented to the agency’s planning team.
My initial research was well received and was used as the basis for the creative work. Sales of the products have now risen.
More case studies
Content strategy research services