The Circle of Competence
I’m very fortunate. New Story Studio Ltd is nearly a year old, and the majority of my work (or our work when I’m putting teams together) comes from referrals.
People who’ve worked with me, will often hire me again. I try my best to do a good job, and I’m very grateful to people who can gainfully employ me.
This website – newstorystudio.com – generates one or two decent leads per week. I’m in the fortunate position of having too many opportunities, and over the past year I’ve been able to work with some of the world’s top brands, agencies, and their top-notch creative and communications teams.
Yes, agencies have a bias for action – they’re often under pressure. And I’m no fan of doing lots of work just for the sake of it (see also: laziness being one of the three great virtues of a programmer).
But, one year on, I just want to note that I feel lucky to be able to work with people who do realise that:
- Real knowledge requires real work.
- Writing is understanding.
- There’s no substitute for doing the hard work to make things simple.
Get in touch if you need a hand
- If you’re an agency pitching for work with a content element. Get in touch.
- If you’re an agency needing some help with content strategy. Get in touch.
- If you’re an organisation needing a content strategy. Get in touch.